The Royal Surgical Service…
The board-certified veterinary surgeons at Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists possess a truly exceptional skill set and knowledge base that has been gained from over 45 years of combined veterinary surgical experience. They have worked side-by-side with some of the world’s best veterinary surgeons while developing innovative surgical techniques as well as a level of unparalleled veterinary surgical excellence. Surgeons function as the problem solvers of veterinary medicine and practically follow the old adage, “If it’s broken, fix it!” However, in addition to surgical expertise, the board-certified surgeons at Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists are proud to possess a deep and genuine level of attentiveness to you and your pet that extends beyond the surgery suite.
Our veterinary surgeons use their years of experience to ensure that your pet receives the best care possible, no matter the time of day. The emergency doctors and surgeons at Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists are able to quickly asses a sick or injured pet and determine whether surgery is necessary. Following surgery, our expert team will continue to closely monitor and care for your beloved pet until he or she is stable and ready to return home to you.
Our surgeons are proud to provide comprehensive surgical services including orthopedic, soft tissue, oncologic, reconstructive, and spinal veterinary surgeries.
Additionally, our advanced surgical instrumentation allows us to offer minimally-invasive surgeries such as laparoscopy (abdomen) and arthroscopy (joints), which minimize soft tissue trauma to the patient while allowing for faster and less painful recovery.
The most common soft tissue veterinary surgeries performed at Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists include:
- Gastrointestinal - stomach, intestine, liver, spleen
- Respiratory - larynx, lung
- Oronasal - oral cavity, nasal, sinus
- Dermatological - reconstructive surgery for wounds, skin masses
- Urogenital - bladder, kidney, ureter
- Oncologic - benign and malignant tumors
The most common veterinary orthopedic surgeries performed at Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists include:
- Fractures- Long bones, Digits, Pelvis, Jaw
- Tibial Plateau-Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) for cruciate ligament tears of the knee
- Arthroscopy – Knees and Elbows
- Tendon and Ligament Repairs
- Growth Deformities
- Patellar (kneecap) Luxation
- Hip Dysplasia and Luxation
- Spinal Surgery – Vertebral fractures and Intervertebral disc disease
As advocates for your pet, our compassionate team of veterinary surgeons, along with their surgical nurses, look forward to discussing all options available to help you make decisions regarding the best possible surgical procedure for your pet’s condition.